Friday, March 30, 2012

The Adventures of Hugo and Carla

Three of my students are the Munera Gonzalez family: Maria, and her twins Carla and Hugo. They are 4, turning 5 next week, and they just happen to be the cutest children on the face of the planet. I love the whole family if we're being honest here..

Maria was so kind as to show me a bit of the sites close to Navaleno before I leave next week. On the way we passed some really quaint refugios and a river named Mojabragas (wet panties.) We went to three places: La Playa Pita (Pita Beach,) Cabeza Alta (vista point,) and this little natural spring well that is famous for its agua hierro (iron water.) We had merendola on a park bench in a little playground (ham sandwiches, naturally.) On the way we ran into a herd of sheep of about 600 strong (I met a real shepherd, yes they exist.) I was forced to sit in the back between two car seats by a very bossy infant. And I read aloud an oral tradition dating back many years. Here is my Thursday in pictures.

la playa Pita


600 + sheep

Real life shepherd + staff

Cabeza Alta + huge statue carved out of a single tree trunk
Here you can see Pico Urbion, the tallest mountain in this region (2,229 m.) This mountain is the birthplace of the Duero River.

Oral tradition
Spain is a beautiful country, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment